torsdag 14 februari 2013

Mother Julian on God and love

On this S:t Valentine's Day (Alla Hjärtans Dag = All Hearts' Day, in Swedish) I give you this amazing text by Julian of Norwich:

"As truly as God is our Father,
so just as truly is he our Mother.

In our Father, God Almighty, we have our being;
in our merciful Mother we are remade and restored.
Our fragmented lives are knit together.
And by giving and yielding ourselves, through grace,
to the Holy Spirit, we are made whole.

It is I, the strength and goodness of Fatherhood.
It is I, the wisdom of Motherhood.
It is I, the light and grace of holy life.
It is I, the Trinity,
It is I, the unity.
I am the sovereign goodness in all things.
It is I who teach you to love.
It is I who teach you to desire.
It is I who am the reward of all true desiring.

All shall be well,
and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."


Love to you all. Most of you are too far away to celebrate love with me and mine today, but know that you are in my heart.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar